For most mothers, evening time always leads to the often dreaded question “What am I going to cook for dinner”? And if you are tired and already stressed out from your busy day, dinner becomes another stressor.
It does not have to be that way. This tasty and easy fish and vegetable recipe is so fast that you will have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
A big Plus is that it will be a welcome change and surprise for you and your family.
This recipe contains vitamins B12, B6, C, D, E and K A, B6, B12, C, D, E and K. It has protein, calcium, sodium, selenium, magnesium, iron and Coenzyme.
Meet the ingredients
- ½ of a medium size mackerel. Mackerel is an oily fish that protects your cardiovascular, brain, immune system and nerve health
- 2 cups of washed and cut Vegetable – (I used Amaranth, also known as African Spinach or “green” in Nigeria)
- ½ cup of cut Onion
- ½ cup of washed Oil bean seed
- ½ tbs of curry
- ½ tbs of thyme
- Pepper and salt to taste
How to prepare
- Add the Amaranth, oil bean seed and onion together in a pot and cook over medium heat. Keep turning and add the pepper and seasoning. Cook briefly in medium heat, but do not cover the pot so the vegetable retains its crispiness.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over high heat and add 2 spoons of oil to coat the pan.
- Add 1/4 tbs of thyme, curry, seasoning and a little onion to the pan and turn
- Place the fish in the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook till it turns golden or when it flakes easily with a fork
- Turn the fish over and cook the other side
- Put the fish and vegetable in a plate and garnish with sliced tomatoes. Eat immediately.
NB – You can also cook the fish before frying by putting the fish in a pot and adding onion, seasoning, curry and thyme. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 5 minutes or till it boils
Drain the stock (you can refrigerate or freeze and use as fish stock for another meal)
I will love to hear from you. Leave your comments below