If you think that Pasta cannot be part of a healthy and weight loss friendly diet; think again!
This recipe of elbow macaroni with lots of mixed veggies not only fills you up fast and keeps you satiated for a longer time; it is also flat belly friendly.
The trick is to reduce the quantity of your pasta and increase the quantity of your mixed veggies.
Meet the ingredients
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
- ½ cup of green pepper
- ½ cup of carrot
- ½ cup of green beans
- ¼ cup of onion
- ½ of oil bean seed (OPTIONAL)
- 2 spoons of oil( I used olive oil)
- Curry, thyme, rosemary, pepper, salt and seasoning cube to taste
How to prepare
- Wash and cut the carrot, green peeper and beans
- Cut the onion
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat
- Add the oil and as soon as it gets a bit hot add the onion and turn
- Add the veggies and turn till its crisp not soggy
- Add the seasoning and spices to taste
In another pot
- Over high heat boil 4 cups of water
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the pasta and stir frequently (Don’t cover the pot. If you do, it will boil over and extinguish the heat or make a mess of your cooker)
- Cook till the pasta is al dente (Don’t boil till it becomes soft and soggy. As you cook check the pasta, cut 1piece of macaroni in ½ with your fingertips or knife and check the inside. When the white part in the middle becomes a tiny white line, it’s ready)
- Strain it immediately
- Pour the Macaroni into the vegetable stir fry
- Turn it till it’s properly mixed
- Serve immediately
For office – Pour the mixed food into your flask and take to work for a healthy homemade lunch.
I will love to hear from you. Try the recipe and let me know if you enjoyed it.
Quick, Healthy and Fat Loss Friendly Pasta Recipe That You Can Also Take To Work