If you think that Pasta cannot be part of a healthy and weight loss friendly diet; think again!
This recipe of elbow macaroni with lots of mixed veggies not only fills you up fast and keeps you satiated for a longer time; it is also flat belly friendly.
The trick is to reduce the quantity of your pasta and increase the quantity of your mixed veggies.
Meet the ingredients
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
- ½ cup of green pepper
- ½ cup of carrot
- ½ cup of green beans
- ¼ cup of onion
- ½ of oil bean seed (OPTIONAL)
- 2 spoons of oil( I used olive oil)
- Curry, thyme, rosemary, pepper, salt and seasoning cube to taste
How to prepare
- Wash and cut the carrot, green peeper and beans
- Cut the onion
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat
- Add the oil and as soon as it gets a bit hot add the onion and turn
- Add the veggies and turn till its crisp not soggy
- Add the seasoning and spices to taste
In another pot
- Over high heat boil 4 cups of water
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Add the pasta and stir frequently (Don’t cover the pot. If you do, it will boil over and extinguish the heat or make a mess of your cooker)
- Cook till the pasta is al dente (Don’t boil till it becomes soft and soggy. As you cook check the pasta, cut 1piece of macaroni in ½ with your fingertips or knife and check the inside. When the white part in the middle becomes a tiny white line, it’s ready)
- Strain it immediately
- Pour the Macaroni into the vegetable stir fry
- Turn it till it’s properly mixed
- Serve immediately
For office – Pour the mixed food into your flask and take to work for a healthy homemade lunch.
I will love to hear from you. Try the recipe and let me know if you enjoyed it.