Need something hot and healthy to drink? Try this shredded chicken and vegetable soup.
For post partum women, this is also a good soup to try.
Chicken breast provides your body with protein which is needed for muscle building and repair.
The mixed veggies – carrot, green pepper and green beans gives you a healthy dose of Vitamin C, and antioxidants.
Meet the ingredients
- 1Cup of shredded chicken breast
- ½ Cup of chopped green pepper
- ½ Cup of chopped green beans
- ½ Cup of chopped carrot
- ½ Cup of sliced Onion
- ½ tbsp dried and ground prawn
- Chili pepper and salt to taste
- Curry, thyme, rosemary, and seasoning to taste
How to prepare
- Place the chicken breast in a pot and pour in 2 liters of water. Add seasoning.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through
- Add the vegetables. Once you add the veggies, don’t cover the pot.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or till the veggies are done. They should be crisp , not wilted and soggy.
- Season to taste
Get a bowl and spoon and enjoy the nourishing goodness, you’ve just prepared.