Looking for something healthy to use as a snack that is tasty and will help you lose weight or maintain your weight?
Look no further; apple and peanut butter is here to save the day
Peanuts, called groundnut in Nigeria is a very popular snack. You can eat it roasted, boiled or use it to drink garri.
Apple on the other hand is all over the place and is a popular road side and traffic fast selling fruit.
This snack recipe is also good if you want to gain weight.
1 small apple contains 52 calories and has Vitamin C, fiber and sugar
Groundnut contains protein, healthy fats, choline, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E and is rich in minerals like selenium, iron phosphorous, copper, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium
Apple – Health benefits of Apple
- The fiber content in apple is high while the calorie content is low
This means that it’s filling and will not pack in a lot of calorie. This is good news for people who want to lose weight. Fiber aids in digestion and bowel movement and can help in getting a flatter belly
- Making apples part of a healthy diet can lead to weight loss
- The glycemic index of apple is low and this can help in weight management and blood sugar control
- Apples can boost your immune system and lower your bad cholesterol
Groundnuts peanut butter – Health Benefits
- Contains monounsaturated fat and protein
- This can help you feel full for a longer time
- It increase your metabolic rate
- Stabilizes your blood sugar
How to make the snack
- Get the apple and slice into small pieces, be sure to remove the seeds
- Get some scoops (2 tablespoonfuls should be enough) of ground peanut butter- you can buy from the market or store or better still, make your own so you know exactly what is inside. I make mine; I will give you the recipe in another post.
Put everything in a plate and enjoy.
I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Do you buy or make your own groundnut butter?
Leave your comment and recipe below